Alcoholism and Addiction Hotline
The 24-Hour Alcohol Abuse and Addiction Hotline is free and confidential for people struggling with the use of alcohol.
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) is the world’s leading organization advancing one of the most important fields in education in decades: the practice of promoting integrated academic, social, and emotional learning for all children in preschool through high school.
Community for Student Advocacy
A group of Friendswood parents who support the social-emotional wellness of students.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
National Suicide Hotline, the Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Texas Suicide Prevention
Texas suicide prevention resource website.
The Greater Good
Science-based insights for a meaningful life.
Common Sense is the leading independent nonprofit organization dedicated to helping kids thrive in a world of media and technology. We empower parents, teachers, and policymakers by providing unbiased information, trusted advice, and innovative tools to help them harness the power of media and technology as a positive force in all kids’ lives.
Resources by Category
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder:
- Adult ADD/ADHD (HelpGuide.org)
- Organization, Relationship, Career & Treatment Help for ADD adults (ADDitude Magazine online)
- Study Tips for Students with ADD/ADHD
- Symptoms of ADD/ADHD (WebMD)
- Bipolar Disorder:
- Decision Making:
- Domestic Violence:
- Eating Disorders:
- Eating Disorders (Helpguide.org)
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Institute of Mental Health (Publication on Eating Disorders)
- Grief: Loss of a Loved One (MedicineNet.com)
- Grief & Loss (Helpguide.com)
- Getting Over Grief: Understanding its Stages and How to Heal
- Math Anxiety:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder:
- Online Safety:
- Bark Technologies (Parental Controls Online)
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder):
- PTSD Symptoms, Treatment, and Self-Help (Helpguide.com)
- Public Speaking:
- 10 Tips for Public Speaking (Toastmasters International)
- Relationship Help (Helpguide.org)
- University of Texas’ Mind Body Lab (streaming recordings of relaxation for stress and anxiety)
- Self Esteem:
- Self-esteem: 4 Steps to Feel Better About Yourself(Mayo Clinic)
- Self Injury:
- Sexual Assault:
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- Sexual Assault Resources – US Department of Justice
- Sexual Assault Fact Sheet (US Department of Health & Human Services)
- Date Rape Drugs Fact Sheet (US Department of Health & Human Services)
- Texas Association Against Sexual Assault
- Texas Advocacy Project (Texas site that provides free legal services to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking)
- Sleep Issues:
- Study Skills:
- Suicidal Thoughts:
- Test Anxiety:
- Time Management:
- More Resource Links:
- Psychology in Daily Life (Mentalhelp.net)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA – part of the US Department of Health & Human Services)
- Casel – The Power of Parenting with Social and Emotional Learning
- Edutopia -Why Social and Emotional Learning is Essential for Students
- “Is a Young Person Trying to Tell You Something”
- Princeton Academic Journal – Future of Children (pdf)
- “Your Child’s Mental Health”
- “Youth Suicide Prevention Information”
Special thanks to SFA for providing FISD with many of these resources.