FISD requests parents, students, and patrons to follow the FISD parent complaint process should they have issues, concerns, or problems of any kind. Addressing issues in this direct fashion allows the best opportunity for a timely investigation and resolution.
The desire of the District, and the first step in the formal complaint process, is to solve issues informally. Steps 1 - 3 detail the informal process.
Step 1: Directly contact appropriate school staff
- The most direct route to resolving a concern is for parents/guardians to first conference directly with the involved party (teacher, coach, sponsor, admin.).
- The majority of concerns will be resolved directly via a face to face meeting or email.
- If the concern is not satisfied or if there is no communication at this level, move to Step 2.
- A request can also be made for an administrator to sit in on a conference at this level by either party.
Step 2: Contact Campus Principal
- Campus principals are the next step to hear an informal complaint that a parent/guardian/ student feels has not been satisfactorily addressed by a teacher, coach, sponsor, etc. Contact the principal’s office via phone call to the campus or an email directly to the campus principal. Principals may first direct you to an assistant principal for resolution.
- FHS - email@example.com
- FJH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windsong - email@example.com
- Bales - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Westwood - email@example.com
- Cline- firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Campus administrators are responsible for the school's operations. Concerns regarding operations begin with the campus principal or assistant principal.
- Athletic concerns for HS Athletes that are unresolved by direct conference with the coach, would proceed to the Athletic Director - email@example.com
- If the concern is not satisfied or no response at this level, move to Step 3.
Step 3: Contact Member of the District Administrative Team
- Call the Administration building at 281-482-1267 and speak with the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent to appropriately direct your concern to the proper Assistant Superintendent, Executive Director, or to the Superintendent.
- Email the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, Tammy Locklear, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be directed to the appropriate person to address your concern.
If you have gone through the previous informal steps of problem solving and have not met a satisfactory resolution, you may then move to the formal grievance process detailed in Board Policy FNG LEGAL and FNG LOCAL summarized below. Though informal resolution is the preferred path to resolution, you may file a formal complaint at any point in steps 1 - 3 above. Beginning the informal process within 15 days of the incident satisfies the timeliness of the complaint as described in Level 1 below.
FORMAL COMPLAINT PROCESS:
This process requires notification via a Level 1 Complaint form (requested by a parent from campus) submitted to the campus principal or the superintendent. This form requires identification of the specific remedy being sought.
- Complaint at the campus level received within 15 school days of the incident.
- Campus investigation based on the report and a conference with the complainant within 10 school days or as mutually agreed by both the parent and the district.
- Begins at the lowest level of administrator able to grant the requested resolution.
- Response in writing will be received by the complainant within 10 school days of the Level 1 conference.
- Level 1 decisions may be appealed to the next level supervisor able to address the remedy. This may be an Assistant Superintendent, Executive Director, or the Superintendent.
- Appeals must be filed within 10 school days of receipt of the Level 1 decision. A conference will be set within 10 school days of receipt of Level 2 appeal form (requested by a parent from campus or Superintendent) or as mutually agreed by both the parent and the district.
- All information will be limited to Level 1 issue and desired resolution.
- Level 2 decisions may be appealed to the Board of Trustees.
- A Level 3 appeal form (requested by a parent from campus or Superintendent) must be received within 10 school days of the receipt of the Level 2 decision.
- The time date and location of the Level 3 hearing will be provided to the complainant by the office of the Superintendent.