Fine Arts (FHS)
From UIL championships to various state and national awards, the Fine Arts Department showcases young talents in theatre, art, choir, band, forensics and dance. Individuals, as well as groups, are recognized annually for their accomplishments and each area provides the community with performances and demonstrations of what the have learned.
Arts education aids students in skills needed in the workplace: flexibility, the ability to solve problems and communicate, the ability to learn new skills, to be creative and innovative, and to strive for excellence.
JOSEPH M. CALAHAN, DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS, XEROX CORPORATION
• Stephanie Chavez, Color Guard Director
• Mallory Clingan, Speech/Debate
• Alyssa Goza, Dance/Wranglerettes
• Mandy Harris, Art
• Kyndal Kennedy, Dance/ Assistant Wranglerettes
• Eric LeBlanc, Gradpoint
• Maycie Meyer, Asst. Band Director
• Brett Nelson, Head Band Director
• Kathy Powdrell, Head Theatre Arts Director
• Julio Sanchez, Assistant Band Director
• Melissa Smith, Assistant Choir Director
• Amy Thornton, Theatre Arts Teacher
• Michael Tyer, Head Choir Director
• Melissa Victorick, Team Leader, Speech
• Mary Giles Wise, Art
This section will be used for Fine Arts tryouts/auditions.